My name is Karolina Fotyga and I am a certified psychotherapist and a trainer.
I believe the first step to a full life is to make sure we have a healthy relationship with ourselves.
We can then be more present in a moment and able to engage in more meaningful relationships with others.
We can then try and dare to dream and set achievable goals.
I firmly believe the path to a fuller life means exploring our potential. It can lead through therapy, coaching or training.
People can get better, and can work through their misfortunes and struggles. It doesn’t meant we can avoid problems, it means we can learn how to deal with them better.
I understand psychotherapy as a way for people to learn how to connect more meaningfully with others and get a clearer sense of who they are. The pleasant side effects might be feeling more at peace and finding the meaning and purpose in one’s life.
I’ve had the privilege of working with many people over the years who trusted me enough to talk to me about their most intimate experiences and emotional rollercoasters. And I can tell you this – psychotherapy is a powerful set of tools. One that can help you grow and build a life for yourself that is more balanced and intentional.
In my life I have lived and worked in Poland, US, Middle East and The Netherlands. I’m bilingual working in both English and Polish.
I am happily married and I’m a mom of two teenage people. 🙂
I am a therapist certified by the European Association of Psychotherapy, and I have practiced for over 12 years now.
I have the first-hand experience of living and working across countries and cultures, from the Middle East and Europe to the US.
I graduated from the Institute of Applied Social Sciences at Warsaw University, where I obtained my Master’s Degree.
I chose to specialize in psychotherapy and mediation.
After graduating from the University, I studied in the Psychoeducation Laboratory (Laboratorium Psychoedukacji) – individual, group, and children psychotherapy. I’ve also done training in MBT – Mentalization-Based Treatment organized by LPS in association with Anna Freud’s Institute in London.
I have over 12 years of experience in working with patients in individual and group setting within my private practice. Four of those years I spent working at various psychiatric facilities.
I work with adults offering:
- short and long-term psychodynamic psychotherapy
- crisis intervention
- parental coaching
- crisis intervention (end of a relationship, mourning, sudden severe health condition, other life crisis)
- psychological support
- expat support (adjustment issues)
- workshops and trainings
I work with people who experience:
- personality disorders (borderline, narcissistic and others)
- social fobia
- low self-esteem
- psychosomatic related disorders
- marriage/relationship issues
- Warsaw University; Applied Social Sciences – Masters Degree (5 years)
- Psychoeducation Laboratory; Individual, Group, Children Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Training (4 years)
- Mentalization Based Psychotherapy (MBT) Training with Anna Freud Center
- Advanced Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Training
- Intensive Trauma Treatment Training
- Mindfulness and Body-Based Approaches in Treatment of Anxiety, Depression and Trauma Training